We collect personal information you provide to us in a variety of ways. For example, you may provide us your personal information when you place an order, register for an account or loyalty membership, make an online purchase, post a review, send us messages, subscribe to our mailing lists, newsletters or other forms of marketing communications, submit an job application, participate in a survey, contest or sweepstakes, redeem a promotion, or use some other feature of our Service.
We may link or combine your activities and information collected from you on our websites and mobile apps with information we have collected from you offline (e.g., in-store), information we receive from third parties, as well as information we collect automatically through tracking technologies (defined below). This allows us to provide you with a personalized experience regardless of how you interact with us.
The categories of information we collect may include:
Information you provide:
· Contact and profile information. We may collect personal information, such as your name, phone number, address, business information, gender, age, postal/zip code, address, and e-mail address, when you register for our Service, place an order for delivery, sign up for our mailing list, enter a contest, participate in an offer or loyalty program, redeem or participate in a promotion, enter a contest or sweepstakes, purchase or redeem a gift card, or otherwise communicate or interact with us. We use this information to create, verify and personalize your account, to fulfill your request or transaction, to communicate with you directly, and to send you marketing communications in accordance with your preferences.
· Payment and transaction information. We may collect information such as items purchased, date and time of your transaction, amount purchased, whether you used a particular coupon or deal, and payment information, such as your credit/debit card or gift card or loyalty program details, when you make an in-store or online purchase. We use this information to fulfill your order and complete your transaction, update your rewards, detect and prevent fraud, and to inform our advertising and marketing.
· Comments, chat and opinions. When you contact us directly (e.g., by email, phone, mail or by completing an online form or participating in online chat), we may record your comments and opinions. We may also record comments and opinions you express when responding to surveys, entering a sweepstakes or taking part in a promotion. We use this information to respond to your question or comment, to evaluate and improve our products and services and to inform our marketing and advertising.
Information we collect when you use our Sites and our Service:
· Information you may post or submit to our Sites. We may collect information about how you use and interact with our Sites and our Service, including any content you post to the Service. If you share photos and video from a mobile device, we will access your device camera roll and camera with your permission as needed to post your content. If you need to update your permissions, you can do so in the “Settings” app of your device.
· Address Book information. With your permission, we may access your contact list available on your mobile device or your email accounts, or you may choose to provide your friends’ contact information manually, so that you can send invitations or special content to your friends. When communicating with your friends, we may include your name and photo in order to let them know that you are the person extending the invitation or sending the message. With your permission, we may also send reminder emails to your friends on your behalf, which may also include your name and photo, and enable you to send invitations to your friends via email or SMS/text. We may retain your friends’ email addresses to let you know when the recipient received a gift card or other communication from us.
In-store data we collect:
· In-store location information. In some locations, we may work with third party partners that collect location and movement data from your mobile device when you’re using a mobile app configured for this purpose. We receive aggregated information about visitors to our stores and may use this data to analyze foot traffic patterns and measure the effectiveness of our marketing and promotional campaigns. See “Your Choices and Control Over Your Information” to learn how you may adjust location data collection through your mobile device.
· In-store Wi-Fi. In some locations, we may offer free Wi-Fi services to our guests. Our Wi-Fi network providers may capture certain data from devices you connect to it. We may also enable Bluetooth or other technologies in our stores which enable us to detect the presence of your device in our stores or provide operational insights.
· Transaction information. We may collect information about your in-store transaction such as items purchased, date and time of your transaction, amount purchased, and payment information, such as your credit/debit card or gift card details, when you make an in-store purchase.
· In-store video or images. In some locations, we use CCTV cameras in our stores for security, fraud, incident reporting and loss-prevention purposes, or to collect analytics, improve operations and other purposes.
Information provided by others:
· Information provided by social networks. When you interact with our Service through various social media networks, such as when you “Like” us on Facebook or when you follow us or share our content on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Instagram or other social networks, we may receive some information about you that you permit the social network to share with third parties. We use this information to complete your profile, to better understand the demographics of our customers and to inform our advertising and marketing activities. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. You should always review and, if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third party websites and social media networks and services before linking or connecting them to our Sites or Service.
· Information we receive from authentication services you connect to our Service. Some parts of our Service may allow you to login through a third party social network or authentication service such as Facebook. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us, which could include your name, email address, address book and contacts, or other information. The data we receive is dependent on that third party’s policies and your privacy settings on that third-party site.
We may offer Face ID, Touch ID or fingerprint authentication as a log-in method if you access the Service through an Apple or Android device equipped with authentication technology. We are only notified as to whether the authentication was successful and cannot access the data associated with the enrolled fingerprint. For more details, please refer to the fingerprint security guides offered by your device provider.
· Information provided by others. From time to time, we may receive information about you from third parties and other users. For example we may obtain information from our marketing partners or from third parties to enhance or supplement our existing user information. We may also collect information about you that is publicly available. We may combine this information with the information we collect from you directly.
· Information provided by Yum! Brands entities and Franchisees. We may receive information about you from other Yum! Brands companies, affiliates and our franchisees so that information you provide to one Brand may be used by another Brand to provide you services, communicate with you or provide you advertisements or other personalized content.
Information Collected From Applicants For Employment:
If you apply for a job through our Sites, we collect the information you include in your application, which could include your name, address, phone number, email address as well as information regarding your work/education background and history and other such information. We may also obtain information about you from your references.
We collect and use the personal information of applicants for employment to evaluate the application and the suitability of employment. We may retain an applicant’s personal information for a reasonable time period after the date of application for the purpose of assessing an individual's suitability for other employment opportunities within our organization, though we have no obligation to do so and the applicant may wish to submit another application to be considered for another job opening of interest.